Biking Around Lake Geneva
Biking Around Lake Geneva
Labor Day is almost here, and for many that marks the unofficial end of summer. For those of us near Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, there are still a couple more weeks left to enjoy this beautiful summer we’ve had, before the color weather of fall descends upon us. Come join us for these last few weeks in Lake Geneva, while the weather is still mild. Late summer into early fall is the perfect time for a little biking around the shores of Lake Geneva, and there are a variety of roads and mountain biking trails around the area to enjoy. Book your room at our historic boutique hotel, and enjoy the beautiful Wisconsin countryside in Lake Geneva.
The Lake Geneva Bike Path is the most popular biking trail in Lake Geneva. In all, there are five different segments of the trail, which offers bikers a choice in routes throughout the community. Each route is color coded for simplicity, and each offers a different glimpse in the beautiful countryside surrounding Lake Geneva.
- The Blue Route winds north from Lake Geneva Middle School into downtown, and offers picturesque views of the White River along the way.
- The Green Route will take riders along Townline Road before ending at the popular Veterans Park, which is home to a variety of playgrounds, fields, and walking trails.
- The Yellow Route branches off the blue route, and offers a beautiful journey through forested wetlands.
- Paralleling State Route 120, the Red Route is an easy way to access the east side Lake Geneva, including the large retail outlets along N. Edwards Boulevard.
- Brown Route is the shortest of the segments of this trail, and is great for a quick ride through Lake Geneva.
There are plenty of other road routes outlined by Treadhead, each ranging from 14 to over 30 miles, as well as several longer rides worthy of exploring in Walworth County. Also, coming up on September 10th will be the annual Fat Tire Ride. This 21.5 mile bikeride is tremendous fun, and includes a variety of stops for food and drinks as you travel through the streets of Lake Geneva. Many consider this to be the biking event of the year.
There are two great places to explore in the Lake Geneva area that offer a variety of mountain biking trails, for beginners through those more advanced riders. Lake Geneva Canopy Tours has almost 9 miles of wonderful mountain biking trails. The most popular trail here is the Arbor Trails single track, which winds through the forest and features plenty of obstacles, including ladder bridges, jumps and switchbacks.In addition to that, Lake Geneva Resort’s new Adventure Center offers over 8 miles of spectacular mountain biking trails, and they offer bike rentals as well for those who didn’t plan this adventure ahead of time.
Whether you’re into road or mountain biking, there are bike rentals available in Lake Geneva if you aren’t able to bring yours with you. After your exciting adventure, return to the luxurious accommodations at our boutique hotel, where the elegance, romance and grandeur of the gilded age are part of the experience. Book your room with us today!